BigCommerce charges towards global B2B dominance with their latest acquisition of B2B Ninja.
BigCommerce has just acquired longtime partner, B2B Ninja (formerly known as Quote Ninja) into their powerful portfolio of eCommerce solutions. This news comes off the heels of last Summer’s partnership announcement with Mercado Libre and the purchase of Feedonomics, along with last October’s announcements regarding expanded partnerships with Google and Chargify, and the Austin, TX-based SaaS platform provider achieving a buy rating from Goldman Sachs in December. 2021 was a monumental year for BigCommerce and with B2B Ninja now officially part of their B2B program, BigCommerce continues to surge forward in their quest to become the world’s most powerful eCommerce system for both B2C and B2B companies.
“B2B Ninja is an excellent addition to our already strong B2B capabilities. Complementing our recent launch of B2B Edition, this is the next big step in providing a platform that is easier to use and faster than legacy B2B solutions and more flexible and powerful than other SaaS platforms. We continue to invest in ways that make BigCommerce the best platform for merchants of all sizes regardless of who or where their customers are or where merchants are selling.”
February 10, 2022
A 2019 report by Forrester predicts that eCommerce will hit $1.8 trillion in the United States by 2023. B2B is slated to account for 17% of all sales in the country and with the way eCommerce has grown lately, no doubt spurred by the as-yet-unresolved COVID pandemic, this figure is surely possible. A 2021 market research study conducted by BigCommerce and Profitwell uncovered that quoting is one of the most important factors for conducting B2B commerce, regardless of whether the business is an Internet newcomer or is processing millions of dollars in GMV (gross merchandise value).
B2B Ninja co-founder, John McCann says: “For several years, our companies have been great partners not only because our products complement each other but our values do too. We both believe strongly in openness, flexibility and ease-of-use so that merchants can focus on growing their businesses. We’re excited to join the BigCommerce family and work even more closely to deliver critical products for merchants.”
B2B Ninja is available to any BigCommerce merchant on any plan. As a less complex alternative to BigCommerce’s B2B Edition, B2B Ninja will allow users to enhance the customer experience and manage quotes online. BigCommerce will still move forward with B2B Edition, which includes advanced B2B functions and features through the exclusive partner integration of BundleB2B with BigCommerce Enterprise. BigCommerce B2B Edition is designed to assist merchants streamline their online operations and provide customers with seamless transactions and self-service account capabilities.
What is B2B Ninja?
B2B Ninja is an integrated BigCommerce app that builds professional quotes in just a few clicks. Customers can use B2B Ninja to build their own quotes directly from your website’s storefront while sales reps can view, manage, and create quotes from a centralized hub. B2B Ninja is designed for B2B businesses of all sizes, especially those who require greater quoting capabilities but without all of the additional features of BigCommerce B2B Edition.
B2B Ninja Features
- Fully Integrated with BigCommerce
- Developed from the ground up, specifically for and around BigCommerce.
- Customers can submit single or multi-product quote requests directly from the product page or cart.
- Generate a quote from the central dashboard while retaining BigCommerce rules for products pricing, tax, shipping, etc.
- No product import or maintenance is necessary.
- Supports ShipperHQ and Avalara.
- Easily create custom products without excess preparation.
- Can be used seamlessly in BC checkout.
- Easy-to-Use Dashboard
- Support for multiple users.
- Track the status of quotes.
- Detailed history and restore features.
- Monitor when quotes are opened/clicked and by who.
- Create PDF Quotes and File Attachments
- EMail quotes in HTML with an attached .PDF copy.
- Download, save, and print as .PDF.
- Store and/or EMail attachments with quotes.
- Advanced Support Options
- Available support for product options, variants, option rules, and custom fields.
- Configure optioned products from the dashboard.
- Built-in, fully-customizable quote templates.
- Unlimited quote templates
- Modify and adjust the quote templates using onboard user selectable variables.
- Set custom shipping rates.
- Includes BC Shipping and Tax settings for fully validated quote creation.
- Quote only catalogs, customer groups, API integrations, and more!
Diztinct is a professional team of custom website designers and developers with over 15 years in the eCommerce industry. We are official design partners with BigCommerce and have created websites for some of the nation’s largest and most popular bands including QVC, Gazelle, Dickies, Clorox, Dooney & Bourke, and Crocs. Diztinct also provides SEO and marketing assistance, Graphic Design, custom development and design, as well as total website migration services from Yahoo, Volusion, and other eCommerce platforms onto BigCommerce or Shopify. We have also previously built websites for use with B2B Ninja/Quote Ninja. To learn more about our services, please visit our website or contact us with any questions in regards to what Diztinct can do for your business.